The LGBT Resource Center at UCSF, a division of Office of Diversity & Outreach provides education, information, support, and advocacy services to our campus community.
We work toward creating and maintaining a safe, inclusive, and equitable environment for LGBTQQI students, staff, faculty, post-docs, residents, fellows, alumnae and patients. The Center aims to sustain visibility and a sense of community throughout the campus and medical center. We are committed to building workplace equity, promoting student and staff leadership, and providing high quality, culturally sensitive care to our patients.
We recognize that sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression work through and are influenced by race/ethnicity, gender, culture, age, ability status, class, faith, and other social characteristics. We take an intersectional approach to our work and believe that fighting one form of oppression means fighting all forms of oppression. We are committed to promote equality and respect for all people.
- We are a campus community made of multiple, intersecting identities and histories. Together, with the Office of Diversity and Outreach, we envision a strong UCSF community that is inclusive, respectful, and values the diverse perspectives of all groups. We will:
- Connect, retain, and sustain our students, staff, faculty, post-docs, residents, fellows, and alumni.
- Reflect the diversity of our campus community
- Collaborate with the Diversity Committee on LGBT Issues, advise on campus climate issues, and advocate for the needs of the community.
- Work in collaboration with the Multicultural Resource Center and other campus services to promote cultural sensitivity in all aspects of health care and research.
- Support the Medical Center in maintaining our status as a national leader in LGBT Health Care.
- Promote emotional wellness and a safe, friendly environment for all.