We are committed to the professional growth and development of our staff, students, faculty, trainees, and alums. Below are different opportunities for our community to become involved with us.
We are always looking for volunteers for our campus events and resource center projects. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact email@example.com
The Center is committed to fostering leadership and building our LGBT student community here on campus. The term for Student Liaisons is one academic year. Student Liaisons:
• Serve as a liaison/representative for your specific school (ie: Medical, Dental, Nursing, Pharmacy, Graduate School, Physical Therapy).
• Participate in LGBTQ Student Association meetings and co-sponsored events. (ie: Chancellor's Reception for New Students, LGBT Student Mixer, LGBT Health Forum)
• Work with the LGBT Resource Center Director, Program Coordinator, and Student Intern
• Involved in disseminating information to your respective school and recruiting new LGBT Student Liaisons.
If you are a student interested in becoming a Student Liaison, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As we are a campus that is spread throughout the city of San Francisco, the purpose of an LGBT Site Liaison is to build community on each of the campus sites and to promote campus cohension. These representatives, usually staff, faculty, or post docs, work in collaboration with the LGBT Resource Center in building a safe and inclusive environment for the LGBTQQIA Community.
• Serve as a representative and resource to the community. Site liaisons may be asked to meet with new LGBT community members (students, staff, faculty, residents, post docs,) and help orient them to the different resources available here on campus.
• In collaboration with the LGBT Resource Center, liaisons may host events that build community on their campus or be a contact to help promote e ents on the larger campuses. Past examples of events initiated by Site Liasions have included LGBT Coffee or lunch hours, happy hours, etc.
• Attend campus events and serve a minimum of one academic year (September to August) with the option of continuing.
If you are interested in becoming a Site Liaison, please contact email@example.com
There are various LGBT groups at UCSF that work toward enhancing our campus climate and fostering inclusive and supportive environment. Those groups are listed under our Resources page. If you are interested in becoming a member or want more information, please contact us or the designated contact for more information.