The LGBT Resource Center advocates for the needs of our LGBT+ students, staff, faculty, and trainees. Together with the larger Office of Diversity and Outreach, and many of our campus LGBT partners, we work together to promote inclusion and equity in UC policies and practices. Below are some of the advocacy projects and services that our Center currently provides:
- Individual support to UCSF affiliates who are in need of LGBT community resources.
- Individual support and referral to students, staff, faculty, and trainees who feel like they have been discriminated against or harrassed.
- Transgender Workplace Issues: We work with individuals and departments to assist any student, staff, faculty, and trainee who may be coming out in the workplace. Also check out our Resources page for information on using preferred names on UCSF badges, benefits coverage, etc.
- Inclusion of LGBT Issues in curriculum and clinical training
- Work with Human Resources and to ensure benefits and policies are inclusive of LGBT people.
- Greater inclusion of sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in policies, medical records, admissions, etc.
- Accessible Gender Inclusive Restrooms.
- Working with campus resources (ie: campus housing, gym) to ensure safety and support for LGBT people.
- Connect new employees, trainees, or students to campus resources.