UCSF LGBT Listserv
Over 800 LGBT students, faculty, staff, residents, fellows, and postdocs at UCSF are linked via a listserv that publicizes campus LGBT events and news, as well as the weekly Listserv Digest for all external news! To join, address an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with this message with no subject line:
subscribe lgbt yourfirstname yourlastname
Be sure those four words are the only text in your message. (And please note that if you're subscribing from a non-UCSF address, you'll be asked for your UCSF affiliation.) You'll receive a prompt confirmation that you've joined the listserv, along with posting instructions.
1. The Listserv is to be used to communicate important events, programs, information, andresources for the UCSF LGBT community. UCSF news, resources, and campus sponsored/co-sponsored events will continue to post directly to the Listserv.
2. Personal or external postings (ie: housing, volunteers, donations, outside UCSF events) will be collected and composed in one email (the “Listserv Digest”) that will be sent out once a week by the LGBT Resource Center. The weekly deadline to submit posting is Tuesday at 4pm. In most cases, the Listserv Digest will be sent on Wednesday of each week. Please submit postings, exactly as you would liek them to appear to the address LGBT@LISTSRV.EDU. Please minimize on the amounts of PDFs. Listserv followers requesting to post external events are encourage to also use our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/ucsf.lgbt
3. Requests for resources (ie: finding a good community dentist) will be answered directly by the Resource Center and included in the weekly digest for community suggestions. Responses should be emailed directly to the person inquiring, not the entireListserv. The LGBT Resource Center will also be keeping a Resource List of community contacts, so please cc: email@example.com for yoursuggestion to be added.
4. Ongoing conversations, personal rants, and duplicate questions will be monitored and screened by the Resource Center.
5. Questions regarding HR/personnel related issues will be answered directly or forwarded to the correct source.
6. As the Listserv is a function of the LGBT Resource Center, subscription will be reserved for those with UCSF email accounts. Non-UCSF email accounts will be asked what their relationship is with the University prior to approval.
General Listserv Etiquette
1. We have to be considerate of others and the volume of email that we receive each day. Before posting a message to the listserv, please ask yourself if thetopic is one that most would be interested in. Is this posting more appropriate on Craigslist or Facebook?
2. As all UCSF listservs are owned by the University, please continue to be mindful that any postings should be written professionally, respectfully, and in support of University business.
3. When you reply to an email, please do not reply to the entire group unless you are absolutely sure you want all recipients to receive your message. Most of the time, it is not necessary to reply to the entire group. Please choose this option wisely.
Thanks for your consideration around these guidelines. Please continue to use the current listserv e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org for future postings.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact: email@example.com
UCSF LGBT Listserv